Wednesday, November 26, 2008

PARKING DECK TURKEY TROT!




Here's my second story. Several years ago, I was working in a large building downtown (30 floors) and our office gave each employee a 17 pound turkey for Thanksgiving. I had this terrible habit of forgetting where I parked my car in the parking deck. I still have that habit - that's what the alarm button on my keychain is for -- I set off my alarm when I'm at Wal-Mart, etc. to find my car. Anyway, the day they gave us the turkey -- yeah, that's right -- I forgot where I parked my car. It took me like forever to find it because the turkey was heavy and I had to keep stopping to rest. I kept lugging the turkey around and around the deck. When we got tired, Tom Turkey and I would stop, rest for awhile and then we would start in again. At one point, I thought about dropping Tom off the balcony and just having a good ole pot roast for Thanksgiving!!!!! I finally found my car and I didn't even have to thaw Tom out because by THAT time he was room temperature. Or should I say, parking deck temperature? HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!

No comments: