Wednesday, November 26, 2008

BOWLING FOR TURKEYS!!!!




Okay, so some of you have heard this before but I only have two stories that even remotely relate to Thanksgiving. And here's one. A couple of years ago, I was on the office bowling team. I am not a good bowler - hence I was the handicap for the team. I wore the handicap badge proudly for them and did a good job at being bad. It just came natural. There were these big screens at the bowling center which flashed different pictures. etc. depending on how good or bad you were bowling. Sometimes if you got a gutter this picture of a goofy turkey would come up. One night I was really holding up the title for my team - I bowled 7 gutters in a row. I heard somebody in the lane next to me say "Gee, I ain't never seen that turkey dead before!" I looked up and low and behold, there was the turkey but he was on his side and his tongue was sticking out - he was deader than a doornail. I could see people several lanes down looking and laughing. It was the only time I think I went too far with my title. I just wanted to crawl out of the bowling alley to my car - bowling shoes still on.

No comments: