Tuesday, November 4, 2008

CITY MOUSE, COUNTRY MOUSE




So th Editor and I have been dating for over a year now and today I’m thinking about how fond I’ve grown of the community The Editor lives in. I’m a country mouse and The Editor is a city mouse. I live in Saline County - East End. He lives in Pulaski County - North Little Rock - Argenta. Now don’t get me wrong, I love living in the country, wouldn’t go back to the city for anything, but dating The Editor is like having the best of both worlds. Over the twelve months plus we’ve been together, I’ve met several of the people in the Argenta community. I’ve lived in several communities in the 30 years I’ve been around Little Rock and North Little Rock but I’ve never experienced a community like Argenta before. Everyone is friendly, helpful, smart, funny, and very creative/artistic. The residents of Argenta are what make downtown North Little Rock so special and unique. They have worked very hard to make Argenta what it is today. To me, it’s like a small town within a big city. My life is better for having met each and every one of them and I’ve decided that I’d like to blog about some of them from time to time. I won’t use real names but you guys know who you are and I hope you don’t mind seeing yourselves through my eyes.

No comments: