Friday, November 21, 2008

CHECK OUT YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY!

The last time I was in the Argenta Library, I was standing at the checkout waiting to check out a Faye Kellerman book. I saw this stack of books on the other side of the counter. The book on top of the stack was a Jesse Kellerman (Faye’s son) book. Jesse’s name is on my list of books to read but I wanted to finish reading all of Faye’s books first.

Me: What’s that stack of books?

Librarian: Those are the ones we’re sending back.

Me: Back where?

Librarian: To the holding company.

Me: Why?

Librarian: Because no one is checking them out.

Me: If I check it out, will that help?

Librarian: Yes.

It made me sad because people don’t go to the library anymore. I want to encourage everyone to UTILIZE THE LIBRARY!!!! They have new books too. And CD’s, DVD’s, internet access, etc. You can check most of the books out for a month and you can even renew them after a month. Not to mention it will save you a ton of money!

No comments: