Monday, October 13, 2008

WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF A GOOD BOOK?






I'm wondering what makes a book so good you can't put it down? A book you enjoy so much you think about the characters as if they are real. You can't wait to see what is going to happen to them. You can't stop reading.....but you dread the ending only because you don't want it to end.

I am an avid reader. I read one right after another. The minute I finish one, I start the next. It is the norm for me to be able to read for a bit – stop – go about my daily routine – pick up the book again when I have the time. Not even think about the book until I'm ready to pick it up again. But what makes a book so good that you can't put it down? You put other things on hold and when you do have to do something else, you are thinking about it in the back of your mind.

I can't tell you the kind of book that makes me feel that way either. It's very rare for me to read one I enjoy that much. The last ones I remember were Elizabeth George - What Came Before He Shot Her -- and before that -- Maeve Binchy - Tara Road. And these books are totally different from each other.

So what books have you read that make you want to keep on reading until you get to the end?

1 comment:

Queen Lizzie said...

The Red Tent; Water for Elephants, One Thousand White Women; James Patterson novels(Alex Cross)