Friday, October 10, 2008

A GAME MR. ABUSE LOVED TO PLAY






When I was married to Mr. Abuse, he used to have this game that he would play with me. Wait....correction...I didn't play the game with him. He used to have this game that he would play that involved me. We would be like sitting in the living room watching TV. I would get up to go to the kitchen to check on dinner and as I started to walk off, he would grab my ankle and knock me down. Of course, I would tell him to stop. I'd get back up and try to start off again. He'd reach out and knock me down again. After a while, I'd quit trying to get up and I'd try to crawl away. He'd grab my ankle and pull me back to him. Across the carpet. I can still feel the rug burns on my elbows. He thought this was great fun. Have you ever seen a cat play with a mouse until it finally kills it? I know how that mouse felt. It wouldn't take long for me to get really pissed off. I mean, first of all, it hurt. But even worse, it was like the most frustrating feeling. And all the time he would be knocking me down, not to mention how it hurt and was humiliating to me, I was worrying that dinner was gonna burn. I finally would get so mad I'd just kinda lose it and start hitting and kicking at him. He thought this was great fun. After a while, he'd stop and I'd get away from him. I was only 19.....away from home for the first time.....in what I considered a big city.....with no friends. I felt trapped. I felt like my life was always gonna be like that. There had never been a divorce in my family. Ever. I just didn't think divorce was an option. Now sometimes when I see one of my son's female friends around that age and I realize how very young I was...well, it's a good thing that I don't run into Mr. Abuse. I'd probably beat the crap out of him! If anybody happens to run across this post and are going through anything like that.......DON'T ACCEPT THIS IN YOUR LIFE. I don't care what age you are!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't worry, your son is now at the age where he is not afraid to, upon meeting this guy, immediately run up to him and use my momentum to punch him so hard that his nose bone enters his brain and kills him.

Or maybe just castrate him. With a spoon.

Damn, I need some tension release.