Friday, October 17, 2008

HONEY HUSH!!!!!!

Now there was a man for ya!!!!!! The theme song alone can get me all a-twitter! One of my favorite things to do (when I'm not hanging with the Editor) is to go home, turn on the western channel and watch The Rifleman while I cook dinner.

DA DA DA DA DA......DA DA DA DA DA DA! Always somebody trying to pick a fight with him but He does the right thing everytime while his son watches and learns. In every episode there's a lesson to be learned. He's a great role model no matter what year it was filmed. TIMELESS!

We just don't have heroes like that anymore!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Mat Dillon.

Kelly said...

Matt Dillon was cool but there's a big difference in the two men. The Rifleman was very focused on the raising of his son and saving the town. No saloon girlfriend, etc. If you think about it, the Rifleman series only had 3 main characters.
The Rifleman, his son and the aging Sheriff that always needed help. Each episode was about what was right, what was wrong, how the Rifleman dealt with the situation and what his son learned from it. Gunsmoke had several characters. Nothin' against MD, but if I had to pick a godfather for my son, it would be the Rifleman, hands down!

Anonymous said...

What about Sherriff Andy Taylor? He had a kid.

Kelly said...

Andy Taylor was a great role model too. He actually reminded me a lot of my dad. And he always did the right thing too. But it wasn't really a western, huh? There's just something about a righteous man, his horse and his gun.