Tuesday, October 14, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME???????


On this particular birthday, I’d been married to Sadistic Mama’s Boy for several years. He was unemployed on this birthday (like most of my birthdays). I had gotten to a point where all I did was work to try to keep us from going under. I was pretty depressed and I had gained weight. For my birthday, SMB and I were supposed to have dinner with a couple we hung out with. I had worked all day and I was pretty tired when I got home. I told SMB I just wanted to lay down for a minute and rest before we went out to dinner with our friends. I laid down on the couch in the living room. He was sitting at the bar in the kitchen and you could look into the living room from the kitchen. I didn’t mean to fall asleep but I did. I wasn’t asleep long though because a noise woke me up. I looked up to see what the noise was. It was SMB crying. I asked him what was wrong and he said he was crying because I had gained so much weight. He said that once I got him by marrying him, I had just given up and let myself go.
Needless to say, this was not one of my best birthdays. Looking back, I never really had a nice birthday when I was married to him. Most years, he wasn’t working. He never had the money to get me anything unless he took money from me. Many of those years, his mom and dad would give him money and then he would go and get me something that was supposed to be from all three of them but I always knew it was really only from his mom and dad. He was always so proud of whatever the present was and made a big deal of how he took the time to go and get it for me.
As I’m typing this, I’m just shaking my head. What a loser! Shame on me for letting anyone treat me that way!

No comments: