Wednesday, October 22, 2008

ISN'T THE ORIGINAL BETTER?


So have you seen the commercial yet that has the remake of The Fixx's Saved by Zero? I think it's a car commercial but I'm not for sure. I wasn't really paying much attention to the commercial because I was tripping out over the terrible remake of Saved by Zero. They were saying something about 0% financing but the song was so bad...that's all I could concentrate on.
This brings two questions to my mind:
1. Why can't they use the original? Is it because they've asked the band for permission and they've said no? Or is it cheaper to just do a remake? It certainly doesn't sound better!
2. How effective is this kind of advertising when all I can remember is how awful the song was and I can't tell you what they were selling?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................

No comments: