Friday, September 19, 2008

WHAT'S THE VERY FIRST MEMORY YOU HAVE?


The first memory I have was before I was the age of two. The house next door was owned by a local church in my town. I can’t remember their names but the family consisted of the preacher, his wife, teenage daughter and twin boys.

I remember hearing music from next door and even though I wasn’t even two years old, I went to investigate. I was still wearing diapers and I can remember the feel of the diaper as I waddled next door. The teenage girl had one of those record players that played 45's. She was playing "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" by the Beatles. That is the very first memory I have.

I don’t know why I’m such a huge music fan. Was it because my dad was a musician? Or could it be because a less than two year old baby girl was swept up into the mop top frenzy?

No comments: