Thursday, September 18, 2008

DID I DO THAT? WELL, WE ARE TAKING ABOUT ME!




I got up this morning and was gonna give Mattie (one of my Boston Terriers) her medicine. She's on this medication to keep her yeast level down which keeps her from scratching so much. I got her pill and went to the microwave to get a piece of bread to put her pill in. Never made it to the bread. Got something else on my mind, popped the pill in MY mouth and slugged it down with some Dr. Pepper. All the while, Mattie is standing in the kitchen, looking up at me for her pill. I go into the bedroom and start getting ready for work. Then I think, hey, I don't remember giving her her pill. Oh, man, I took it myself!!!!! By the time I got to work, I had this insatiable urge to bark and when I was waiting at the corner for the light to change, it was hard to keep myself from running after cars. The pharmacy downstairs opened at 9:00 so I went down there and asked the pharmacist, "I had a friend :) that took one of her dog's pills etc., etc." He said to make sure the nobody throws any balls down the halls at work today, because I WILL run after them and he said if I start trying to hunch everybody's legs, I might wanna think about taking a sick day."Seriously though, I did take her pill. The pharmacist said as long as I don't have any liver problems, I'm okay. WHAT A TRIP!
P.S. Throw me a bone, baby, throw me a bone

No comments: