Tuesday, March 3, 2009

!!!!!!!NOT A BOOK RATING!!!!!!!


So I checked out the above book from the library. The Editor was with me when I checked it out and I noticed while I was there that someone had taken a pen and underlined several sentences throughout the book. I showed this to the librarian before we left and he marked in the front of the book that it had been marked up before I checked it out. Last night, I got all curled up in bed, ready to read. I got about 50 pages into the book....was at the bottom of a page, which ended in midsentence. I went to the top of the next page....it started with a new sentence. WHAT? It took me a second or two to realize that a page had been ripped out. Upon further investigation, about 10 pages had been ripped out. So I went through the entire book and found that around 40 pages or so had been ripped out. And what makes it even worse, this was a limited edition signed by Gene Simmons. What a waste. I'm taking the book back to the library tonight. It is so disappointing to me that someone would do this to a library book!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you leave the book alone with the Editor at any time? He may in fact be jealous of your Kiss fanaticism and done the deed. Of course, the word verification I had to type in to officially comment for this was "clowne" so take it for what it's wordth. Smooch.

Kelly said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......that is food for thought, DJ. I seem to remember while I was at the Editor's house.....I was in the kitchen....and I heard tearing noises.....I asked him what he was doing....he told me he was tearing checks out of his checkbook....but he had this really guilty look on his face.....I wonder........

Eric Francis said...

Gene Simmons called. He wanted me to tell you he had torn a bunch of pages out of that book because he was disappointed with the quality of the copy editing. ;P