Tuesday, April 7, 2009

BOOK REVIEW


TITLE - WIFEY
AUTHOR - JUDY BLUME
ON A SCALE OF 1 THRU 10:
1
Can you say D E P R E S S I N G? I was so disappointed in this book. Ms. Blume has only written three adult novels. Most of her books are for children/teenagers. This is the second adult novel I've read of hers. I really enjoyed her book Summer Sisters. But Wifey.....oh, boy. The only reason I kept reading it was because I was hoping the main character's life would get better. This book was about a very unhappy woman trapped in a marriage who could see no way out. It was full of meaningless, empty sex. At first it depressed me but.....after I thought about it........it made me so very thankful for my life now. All my friends, The Editor, my son, etc. I'm so glad my life is full of people who are not shallow like the people in this book. I'm still going to read her third novel in the hopes that it will be as good as Summer Sisters. I wouldn't recommend Wifey to anyone....especially someone who is in an unfulfilling relationship right now. It certainly wouldn't give you any answers to your problems.

No comments: